Saturday, May 7, 2011

bo-keh


Bokeh Photography

Bokeh refers to the technique of blurring an image to add to the aesthetic quality of a photograph.
The word bokeh, derived from the Japanese word "boke" pronounced as ("bo-keh"), literally translates to 'fuzziness'.

I took this picture at IT Park, Lahug, Cebu City when I and my friend was sitting on the ground feeling the mist on it and feeling so relaxed after a two-hour jog and a badminton match we had in a nearby sports complex. While we were sitting and enjoying the beauty of the night, I was looking at the busy people moving in and out and the light that’s flickering all over the place. I grabbed my camera and took some pictures and just end up getting disappointed for not getting the perfect picture that I would have want. (Clear and sharp colored pictures). In spite of that failure, I decided to do some fun clicking and ended up getting myself a surprise after seeing those blurry pictures that I unintentionally took. Yes, it took some time for me to really appreciate it and maybe some of you might have felt the same way. But what I am so glad about is that I may not get the pictures that I want but I’m happy to have ended the night getting the satisfaction from the image that I haven’t expected.

No comments: